Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Before the Kids Wake

I'm sitting here on the couch with my son, waiting for the two princesses to wake up.   I thought I'd take some time to write a few lines.

Sunday was our first day back to normal after the hurricane.  Interesting enough, we had planned 2 weeks before the hurricane to do Jimmy Needham's "Hurricane" during the service.  We nixed that one.  Probably a bit too cliche. :)

We opened our service with a new song off of Tomlin's album called Praise the Father, Praise the Son.  Incredible...both services caught on well and sang their hearts out.  It was really a great morning to be back with our people and worshiping God.

I have heard some negative reviews about Tomlin's new album, especially on iTunes.  I have to say though, Tomlin has never been unclear about his approach to songwriting.  He writes for the church.  The songs on this album are incredibly singable and can be used in most corporate worship settings.  We will be using a great deal of these songs at our church and I am very pleased with the album.  In contrast, it seems many of the CCM worship bands are drifting from the "singability" factor needed for churches to use their songs regularly.  Tomlin has yet to drift from his original vision of writing songs for the church.  Good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tim,
    I listended to Praise the Father, Praise the Son (as I missed it during the service) and it is AMAZING. I will be buying this album soon!!

    -Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 AM

    I'll have to check out his new album! Sounds like good stuff!

    ReplyDelete