Tuesday, May 20, 2008

American Idol 08


So, my thoughts are that this was a pretty lame season of AI. Honestly, after Michael Johns was voted off, I really stopped watching. I would let my wife fill me in. :)

I did however watch the showdown tonight between both Davids. I must say David A. did a pretty good job, though I favor David Cook much more. I know all the 10 year olds will vote David A. to be the next Idol, but regardless, Cook was a great contestant and I believe the better performer.

But if you look at the season as a whole, it fell quite short of the previous seasons. I don't think the show is losing its edge, I just think it's tough to hit a homerun 7 seasons in a row. I'll look forward to next year's show and in the meantime, hearing David A. on every soft rock station and David Cook on every top 40 station.

Side note: Did anyone catch Randy say that David A's first performance was the best of 2007?

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't checked your blog in awhile and now I wish I had, especially during the AI finals.

    Michael Johns was the man, and I was so CHEESED when he left. I wanted to hear a lot more. And YES Carly and MJ ripped the roof off during the finale. I was thinkin' "Where was this Carly all year?" Amazing how relaxed and great they are when the pressure is off. THEY ROCKED

    So...just glad to hear great minds think alike...

    ReplyDelete