Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Designer Replacement

Ok...so a while back our church lost our graphic designer. He's pretty incredible and is now working at a great place that lets him drink beer while he works. Hilarious. But since he's been gone, I've become his shoddy replacement.

Anyhow, 98% of our graphic design has fallen into my court these days. That includes the big jobs that you want to look good...stuff that actually represents your church. So, Phil has now become my 24 hour Adobe Support (via Ichat) and Aaron is my inspirataion for photography and shots like this.

But even with these great mentors at my disposal, there are some things I just can't achieve in the time frame necessary, without the proper tools. So...I have invested in my first Wacom Intuos Pad. (Notice it says for the "serious photographer and designer," that's me...very serious. Serious doesn't equate good though!)


I wish I had this tool a little earlier so this current series graphic wouldn't have taken me so long!

So...we have a new series with Crossbridge coming up soon. When Chuck and I discussed where we wanted to go with the logo, I knew I couldn't make it happen without the Wacom Pad. Once I get it done, I'll try and post it! Aaron, keep posting pictures so I can bite off your work. Phil, don't ever close out Ichat.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Hey man, you've definitely come a long way with your design talent and with this new Wacom tablet I expect great things from you, such as a decrease in iChat's on "how do I create a guide in Photoshop?" and "where's the background color?".

    In all seriousness, you did a great job on "Snapshot" and I'm extremely jealous of your new Intuos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:30 PM

    interesting...my job allows me to drink beer on the clock, too!

    ReplyDelete