Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Birthday Weekend

My Birthday

Had a great weekend with the family.  We celebrated my 33rd birthday (very holy age I might add).   Having 3 kiddos now, Mel and I laugh at how "flexible" our plans have to be on birthdays! We were still able to do everything Mel had planned for the day, it just was more interesting with 3 kids in tote!  

We had a blast getting breakfast at Einstein Bagels (my kids still think they were donuts).  We forgot the diaper bag at home and didn't realize it till we were already at breakfast.  So we cruised back to get it from the house, drove to a park in the area to do cake and gifts.  Then we came home and got the kids excited about Grandma coming over.


My Birthday Present
(opening my own present hasn't happened in 4 years)

Then Mel and I took off to the Grove in downtown Houston.  Incredible restaurant and great vibe. We stayed there the whole night, then cruised home and crashed!  It was amazing to have a few hours of uninterrupted grown-up conversation.  Hard to come by these days!

Reststop
(Mel enjoying the cool night air on the walkway at Discovery Green)

Terrace View
(The view from our outside table upstairs)

Thanks Mel for a great birthday...you're the best wife a man could have!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    I toatlly told Tris to take me here for my birthday next month. It looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photo on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete